Thursday, November 17, 2011

The miracle that is spray paint ...

I've known for years that a can of spray paint can transform just about any mundane object into a chic display piece, but it's been at least a couple of years since I put that knowledge to good use.  I chalk it up to laziness, but recently I've been inspired by the bevvy of great blog postings about this neat little trick.

For example, the good folks at Young House Love are always transforming some thrift store find into a Jonathan Adler knock-off for only a couple bucks!  Check out the hideous frog they transformed into something I covet in Something Crazy Happened, one of many of their postings about the wonders spray paint.

Another blog I recently stumbled upon, Pure and Noble Blogspot, shows a really clever technique for combining puffy paint (or hot glue) and spray paint with beautiful results (below).  Check out that posting here.


So armed with my new enthusiasm and inspiration I trekked down to my local Goodwill store and was delighted to find a pair of solid metal candle holders for $3.99 each (below).


 They reminded me of the ZGallerie antler candle holders that I'm slightly obsessed right now (below)!


I picked up some cheap-o metalic silver spray paint from Walmart and set about transforming my found objects with an aim to use them in my Christmas decor or tablescape. 

Mid-painting. 


And voila, the finished product!!  I think they'll look excellent topped with white candles or even some ornaments!  Stay tuned to see how they work in my future posting on Christmas decor and, until next time friends, goodbye! 



 

1 comment:

  1. Cool! You always amaze me! I think Christmas ornaments would be super in them. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete