Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Cute as can be customized DIY onesies

One of the girls in my mommy group is expecting her second, a baby boy to be named Henry, any day now so I wanted to make something special for her (or him actually!). 

I had a trio of brand new onesies in a pack so I decided to customize them for baby Henry.  I thought a mustache would be cute, plus an 'H' for Henry, and a German Shepherd because that is the family pet (and apparently the bain of my poor friend's existence due to incessant barking and shedding!). 

Here they are ...


And a close up of each of them ...




The process was easy.  I found images using Yahoo image search and printed them onto cardstock (regular paper would work too).  I then cut out the shapes and traced them onto 'Wonder Under' (about $1.50/yard at Walmart).  After that I ironed the Wonder Under shapes onto fabric, which I got for around $4.00 per yard at Walmart.  Next I cut them out, peeled the backing, and ironed them onto the onesies.  Then I used a small zigzag stitch on my sewing machine to stitch around each shape.   

Here's a great tutorial with detailed steps for creating your own customized onesies using a similar method to the one I used from the Small Fry and Co Blog.

Happy crafting my friends!


2 comments:

  1. Lori, these are so cute! Love the mustache! Keep up the good work/blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are sooooo clever--they are darling! <3 Mom

    ReplyDelete