Friday, November 11, 2011

The BEST Basic Crepe Recipe

We eat eggs almost every single day, usually scrambled, but sometimes fried or poached.  Today I decided to get creative and try something different - crepes. 

Crepes aren't actually new to me.  I've been eating them for years, especially when I'm around my sister, Deanna, the crepe Queen!!  And I've made them a few times myself as well, when we were in France with Chris' family, for example, and had limited baking ingredients at the house we were renting.  I've made them with some success, but had never landed upon a fabulous crepe recipe ... until today!!!

I found a basic crepe recipe from AllRecipes.com and only tweaked it slightly to create perfect crepes.  You can find the recipe here.  The one thing I changed was to add an extra 1/4 cup of milk, as I thought the recipe was a bit thick and needed to be more runny to swirl easily and cover the circumference of the pan.

I sliced some bananas and smeared on some yummy Nutella and viola - a delicious breakfast treat!


I got this picture from CrumblyCookie.net and of course this is exactly what mine looked like :).   

1 comment:

  1. Always amazed at how you have time to do all of these things!

    ReplyDelete