Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!

Wow, this is my first posting in the month of February, not for lack of my wanting to post, but due to technical issues and other distractions, namely a sick household!

Anywho, happy Valentine's Day everyone!!  To commemorate the day I decided to try my hand at chocolate-covered-strawberries, one of my most favorite things ever.  A friend of mine recently told me she makes these little delicacies simply by melting chocolate chips in the microwave and then dipping the strawberries.  It seemed far to simple to me, being the type of person that overcomplicates most things, but I decided to try it anyway and I have to say, I was impressed with the results!!



To make them yourself, simply microwave chocolate chips (I used milk chocolate) in the microwave for 10 second intervals, stirring between intervals until the chips are smooth and creamy.  Beware not to overheat, as chocolate burns very easily!  Once melted, dip and swirl the strawberries in the chocolate and place on a plate covered with wax paper.  Place in the fridge to set (30 min or so).  I made these for my husband to take into his team at work today.

Speaking of the ol' husband, I have to brag on him for just one second here.  Yesterday was uncharacteristically rainy and wet for San Diego, so I didn't think anything of it when it took him over an hour to commute home from work.  However, I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the door to find him with a gorgeous bouquet of flowers that he had hand-selected for me along with a sweet card.  What a gem :).


And now for a few unabashedly braggy photos of my little darling girl on our Valentine's Day walk this morning.  We have a walk every morning since our dog, condo-raised, refuses to 'do his business' anywhere other than beside a sidewalk and on leash!  For the most part, I love this part of our day even though it can get a bit hectic with a toddler pulling in one direction and a stubborn dog pulling in the other.  It does present a wonderful opportunity for snapping photos though :).


I love her expression in this photo.

And her little smiley face in this one, peeking out from under her penguin hood!


And here she is, the movie star, donning her favorite accessory of the moment, her blue polka-dot sunglasses :).

I love this girl who recently gave us a big scare.  Will post about that another day, but suffice it to say that, praise God, she is well now.  Here's hoping that all of you, my friends, have a wonderful Valentine's Day and remember to appreicate the loved ones in your life, whomever they may be.  Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. The strawberries are BEAUTIFUL. Wish I could take a bite out of several of them! :) How thoughtful of you to make them for him to shine at work today. Hubby gets an "A+" for sure in pampering you, and the little Dolly is absolutely adorable, of course! :) Hope you have a wonderful day--today and every day! Love forever, Mom

    ReplyDelete