Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Cute Custom Clock for $4.00

Recently I came across a blog (http://www.wonderfuljoyahead.blogspot.com/) with a post about customizing a $4.00 clock from Walmart.  As I've been looking for a clock for Lily's room and the kitchen, and have not had any luck finding cute affordable clocks, I decided to give it a go.

Here is a link to the detailed instructions from the 'Wonderful Joy Ahead' blog


And below are my results:


Kitchen clock


clock for Lily's room

I have yet to hang either clock, but wanted to share the project anyway, as I think it is pretty simple and a great gift idea in my opinion!  There are so many ways you could customize a clock using material, paint, fabric, you name it!  How about a custom silhouette clock (see previous post on how to create a silhouette here http://holidayhepburn.blogspot.com/2011/09/custom-silhouettes-in-five-easy-steps.html).  Or a classy monogram clock? 

One word of caution, however, if you decide to give this project a try ... the Walmart clock that I used (and the one used in the example in Wonderful Joy Ahead) does not have a removable battery pack.  When the instructions indicate to 'pop off the battery pack', this means yank it off and try not to smash it while doing so.  The battery pack in both of my clocks busted, but not so badly that they didn't work afterward :).

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week and happy crafting, my friends! XOXO.


1 comment:

  1. I got all inspired reading your blog and I even know what material I'd use to make the cutest clock, but, time will tell if it will ever come to fruition. :) I also enjoyed looking at the blog which has the instructions. Too bad the girl lives in Wisconsin, as I could envision you two being good friends. Love your creative side; your clocks are so expressive and beautiful--just like you! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete