Monday, September 26, 2011

Planning our Master Bathroom Renovation

There are so many little ideas and thoughts running through my head right now that I'm having a hard time determining what topic deserves my blogging attention!  Hmmm ... fall decorating, an update on my fall wardrobe shopping, the bathroom renovation we just took on ... what to write, what to write ...

So, since I have yet to take any pictures of my fall decorating or fall wardrobe (which I've been working really hard shopping for so there will definitely be an update on my fall looks very soon!), I think I'll post about the bathroom renovation and post some of my inspiration photos for your viewing pleasure :).

We were not planning to renovate our bathrooms or any other areas of the house until we had our gigantic backyard project finished next summer (that's our current goal), but then we started smelling a musky moldy sort of smell coming from our master bathroom, which meant we decided to dig right in and sort it out before the mold worsens!  So yay for us, we get to charge ahead with our backyard project AND our bathroom project simultaneously!  This is sure to provide lots of fodder for some good future venting blogs about major house renovations while caring for a toddler :). 

Here's a picture of a really  nice bathroom with shelves recessed into the wall (i.e. built-in between the studs).  I love this idea, especially for a small bathroom like ours, so this is something we may try to work in.  I also love the built-in look of the bathtub and all the gorgeous white molding!!  Can't you just see yourself relaxing in this pristine tub, bubbles all around, candles lit with your current novel in hand?  I can :).


The below bathroom is sporting bead board wainscoting and a striped pattern in the paint, both of which I love for a bathroom ... or any other room for that matter!!  Seriously, I don't think you can ever go wrong with stripes!!


While we are leaning toward keeping the dark hardwood floors in the bathroom, if I were to switch up the flooring I would seriously consider a graphic tile such as the floor in the picture below.  I think it looks so elegant and classy!  I also love the burnished bronze as a more cozy alternative to the polished chrome look.


Finally, while I know the picture below is a kitchen rather than a bathroom, I still love how the hardwood floors, carerra marble counter tops and bright white cabinets all work together.  The tile backsplash is also gorgeous.  These tones and elements are similar to what we are aiming for in our bathroom.


So that's it for now.  Stay tuned for future pictures of our "before", "during" and "after" bathroom renovation.  Have a good night my friends!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, all this and everything else, too! You are great with bathrooms--I still love the way you re-did mine! So, I can't wait to see how yours turns out. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete