Thursday, June 7, 2012

Master Bath Remodel

Well as some of you may recall, we started bathroom remodel number two over a month ago.  We have now gotten as far as gutting and reframing (more wet rot damage as was predicted).

After renovating the last bathroom and picking all the materials and finishes, I must admit I have a kind of PTSS (post-traumatic stress syndrome) having made some tiny miscalculations and regrets in judgement that resulted in my being less than 100% satisfied with the bathroom.  Nothing to do with the workmanship, which was amazing, but mainly little niggling details.  I still love the overall look, but there are certain things I would've done differently - hind sight is always 20/20, eh?! 

In any case, I now live in fear of making incorrect decisions with regards to bathroom remodel number 2, which has caused a delay in progress.  My guy can't do anything more until I make decisions and purchases, hence my need to 'think it through' on my blog :).

So here's my bathroom remodel inspiration.  I want the bathroom to be a mix of feminine and masculine, rustic and polished.  Am also wanting to tie it in with the rest of the house and other bathroom, so kinda' traditional with a twist?  White beadboard ceiling plus lots of grays, whites and natural/beachy/rustic wood.

We are going to have a white beadboard panelled and vaulted ceiling kinda' like the one below (but no rustic beams planned).  I also like the look of the concrete slab sink/vanity top and the rustic looking vanity base.


Here's another natural vanity base with a marble top I think.


I also like the weathered gray color and the white vanity top in the picture below.


As for flooring, I think we will go with tile this time around ... less worry/maintenance in a bathroom.  I love the look of the herringbone pattern such as the one seen below. 


The real showstopper in the bathroom will be our freestanding bathtub beneath a brand new enlarged window!

Here's the one I've zero'd in on because it merges both my husband's and my wishes for the tub.  Basically, my husband prefers really modern lines and I prefersome feminine curves so I think this tub, made of resin rather than acrylic (i.e. it's the Cadillac of freestanding tubs, people!), is a good compromise. 


Well, here's hoping that we can nail down a design plan and get things going soon.  Will keep you all posted, friends!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment