Thursday, July 21, 2011

Summertime and the Livin' is Easy

In the eternal words of Billie Holiday, it's 'Summertime and the Livin' is Easy'.  I love these old lyrics and this morning, as I watered plants in my garden, I took a few minutes to attempt some easy livin' myself!

I looked around me and saw some of the many butterflies and spiders that have taken up residence in my garden over the last few weeks.  As they floated through the air, flitting from one flower to another, and industriously worked on their webs, it made me think about the simplicity of their lives.  They are simply living their lives in the moment, with no worry or care for what tomorrow might bring.

So I took a queu from them, put down my hose and opted for one of my favorite summertime treats,  flavored water.  During these warm days it's more important than ever to stay hydrated and how better to do that than through homemade flavored water?  I love this concept because it completely reminds me of fancy schmancy hotels like my favorite, The Parker in Palm Springs!


So kiddos, DO try this at home!  Grab an herb from your garden like the fresh mint I added to my ice water (see pic above) or something from the kitchen (try watermelon, cucumber, berries, etc.), mix with ice water and enjoy!!  How refreshing and easy is that?

So make it an easy summer, friends, and enjoy each moment!

1 comment: